DESEO SURF TRAVEL recommends that all customers purchase travel and medical insurance that covers transportation back to the patient’s point of embarkation as well as on-site hospitalization and treatment. These options are the full responsibility of the customer and it is important to note that some insurance companies or individual plans may not cover accidents that occur while surfing or practicing other sports.
Whilst you are free to chose whichever insurance company suits you best, we recommend TripAssure, which has extensive coverage and is a great fit for our packages. Should you wish to use your own insurance plan, please make sure it covers the same capacities.
2. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
All required travel documents- including Visas and a Passport that is valid for at least 6 months from your travel date and has enough blank pages for your visa, arrival and departure stamps, are the sole responsibilities of guests.
3. PAYMENT CONDITIONS
A Booking is made an official contract upon receipt of the 30% deposit fee.
We then require another 30% 60 days out from the start date of the trip.
The remaining 40% is required to be paid no less than 30 days out from the start date of the trip.
In the eventuality of a last minute booking, a 30% deposit will be required upon reservation, and the DESEO team will get in touch with you about the outstanding balance. In all instances, a full balance has to be paid before the trip start date or the contract will be terminated and the package will be void.
4. CANCELLATIONS AND RE-BOOKINGS
Cancellations and re-bookings made by the customer
All requests for cancellations or re-booking requests must be submitted via email. The cancellation period is defined by the receipt of the cancellation. In case of a cancellation, the below fees may apply, depending on the cancellation date.
60 days in advance 10% of total trip cost
45 days in advance 20% of total trip cost
30 days in advance 40% of total trip cost
21 days in advance 70% of total trip cost
14 days in advance 100% of total trip cost
If a guest does not cancel and does not show up for a trip, they will receive no refund.
Those who wish to cancel their booking may transfer it to a replacement person who fulfills the conditions defined by these general Terms and Conditions prior to departure.
Cancellation by DESEO SURF TRAVEL
DESEO SURF TRAVEL reserves the right to opt out of a contract under the following extraordinary circumstances: In the case that certain conditions prevent the booked service and/or arrangement from being carried out or in cases of unacceptable danger, DESEO SURF TRAVEL reserves the right to cancel the contract with immediate effect. Any payments that have been made by the customer are to be refunded. DESEO SURF TRAVEL will not refund any additional expenses incurred above and beyond the original invoiced amount.
5. RELEASE OF LIABILITY, VOLUNTARY ASSUMPTION OF RISK, INDEMNIFICATION AND WAIVER OF CLAIM
Below is a copy of our release of liability, voluntary assumption of risk, indemnification and waiver of claim. This form will be sent electronically upon all bookings and must be signed electronically or by hand and handed in person to the staff of DESEO SURF TRAVEL before partaking in any activities linked with DESEO SURF TRAVEL. Failure or refusal to do so will void the contract made between yourself and DESEO SURF TRAVEL and you will not be permitted to partake in the package.
I accept and agree that this, voluntary assumption of risk, release of liability indemnification and waiver of claim (hereinafter, the “Release”) shall be binding on me and/or the minor participant, and my or the minor participant’s heirs, representatives, endeavors, next of kin, beneficiaries, administrators, successors and assigns.
1. I am aware that surfing involves many inherent risks, dangers and hazards, including but not limited to the use and operation of surfboards, impact of collision with surfboards of any thereof including the fins and other attachments; skin irritations or abrasions caused by the use of wetsuits; ear infections caused by the water; impact to the beach, or as the case may be, the ocean floor; severe weather conditions; my ability to swim in dangerous ocean conditions, as the case may be; extreme water and air temperatures; the prevailing condition of the surf; undertow and tide; the possible existence of dangerous rocks, reefs, driftwood, logs, floating objects, sea mammals and other hazards and obstructions, whether marked or unmarked in the area chosen by you to conduct surf trips; impact of collision with swimmers or other surfers or their surfboards, whether or not caused by negligence of such swimmers or surfer; dangers involved in traveling to the surfing area including any and all transportation provided by DESEO SURF TRAVEL, lodging accommodations, yoga instruction (collectively referred to as the “Surfing Activities”). I freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers, and hazards.
2. I, on behalf of myself or on behalf of the minor participant do agree that DESEO SURF TRAVEL, it’s owners, agents, employees, independent contractors, and sponsors (hereinafter, the “Released Parties”) shall not be liable for any damages arising from personal injuries (including death), damage to or loss of property or other harm, whether foreseen or unforeseen, present or future, known or unknown, that I or the minor participant may sustain in any way which directly or indirectly results from or arises out of my or minor participant’s participation in surf lessons/instructions/boat trips or any other travel or SURFING ACTIVITIES conducted by DESEO SURF TRAVEL or any of the RELEASED PARTIES.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless DESEO SURF TRAVEL from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation on a surf trip, in surfing or in my use, including rental use, of DESEO SURF TRAVEL’S equipment or facilities and RELEASED PARTIES INCLUDING ANY SUCH CLAIMS WHICH ALLEGE NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMMISIONS OF DESEO SURF TRAVEL RELATED TO INSTRUCTION MADE BY DESEO SURF TRAVEL IN PREPARATION FOR, OR DURING THE COURSES OF ANY SURF ACTIVITIES. I assume full responsibility for my participation (if 18 or older), or for the participation of my minor child (if participant is under 18), and willingly agree to comply with all stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. I agree that if I observe any unusually significant hazard or feel any threat to the personal health, safety or security of myself, or, if participant is under 18, my minor child, I will immediately remove myself or my minor child from participation and notify the nearest DESEO SURF TRAVEL employee or other RELEASED PARTIES.
4. I, on my own behalf and/or on behalf of the minor participant, understand that THIS RELEASE, INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS BASED IN WHOLE OR IN PART ON THE NEGLIGENCE, ACTION OR INACTION OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES AND HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FULLY DISCHARGE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS, EVEN IF CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE PRESENT OR FUTURE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT, STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHER ACT, CONDUCT OR STATUS OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I ON BEHALF OF MYSELF OR ON THE BEHALF OF THE MINOR PARTICIPANT UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE WAIVED MY (OR THE MINOR PARTICIPANT’) RIGHT TO SUE THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR ANY INJURY RESULTING FROM TRANSPORTATION, ACCOMMODATION, OR THE SURF ACTIVITIES DISCUSSED HEREIN.
5. I AGREE TO OBEY ALL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS, WARNINGS AND OTHER DIRECTIONS GIVEN TO ME BY DESEO SURF TRAVEL AND OTHER RELEASED PARTIES
6. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I, or my child, may suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have and that I have made DESEO SURF TRAVEL aware of these conditions.
7. I grant to DESEO SURF TRAVEL the right to use and incorporate, in whole or in part, photographs or video footage taken of me, or my child.